Monday 10 February 2014

Hale & Hearty Brownies


Mmmmmm brownies.....



My other half picked up some brownie mix in Fallon and Byrne and demanded I make them for them, so I did! 


The instructions were pretty easy... Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a tin to start... 


Weigh out 200 grams of butter. Yeah, 200 grams - these brownies are definitely not low on the calorie count!


Crack in two eggs and plonk in the mix and beat it all together until it's smooth. They say five minutes prep, but it took me ten to actually make it smooth! There are little pockets of chocolate in the mix, which I didn't expect, so remember they are not lumps but chocolate bursts later in the baking stage!


Pour it all in the tin. Smooth it out with a flat with a spatula. It doesn't have to be perfect; the mix will spread out while baking. 



And this is what you get after 25 minutes... Gooey lovely chocolate. Let them cool before you tuck in, otherwise you'll end up licking the chocolate from your fingers.. Not that I tried, I was restrained much to my disappointment!


They do say you can do a dairy free option too.

Overall they were really easy to put together and tasted so gorgeous: melty, gooey, chocolatey goodness!

Happy Baking!

Let me know if you've tried these on Facebook, Twitter, or show me your creations on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment