Thursday 6 March 2014

Millstone on Dame Street


I love the Millstone on Dame Street.


This was the first restaurant I was brought to for a proper lunch specifically for my diet. It happened to be a date and he was making a great impression. I walked in and was handed a completely separate menu and informed they made their own bread. I was in heaven.

Since then I have been here many times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a lunch deal on for €10 where you get a main course and tea, coffee, or a soft drink. Included in this menu is a steak sandwich on their gluten free bread! They haven't disappointed me at any time of the day, food-wise anyway. I would recommend making sure you're not sitting at the table under the stairs, I bumped my head on it a few times, including on my birthday of all days!

I went in a few weeks ago for dinner with friends. We were seated quickly. Because we opted not to have starters we were waiting a while for the food, but that was our own fault.

They generally only have a limited number gluten free menus, that I know of, in circulation. Myself and the other half were asked to give one back when we were choosing our dinner because they were short. It's not the first time we've been asked to hand one back so it's worth noting that if they're busy they need more menus.






Anyway, the food is great and the staff are always friendly. We had lamb and shepherd's pie for mains and a brownie and crème brûlée for dessert. They normally have gluten free apple pie, but had run out on this occasion. The beauty about their menu is they have a full menu to choose from and not a selection from the main menu. Makes you feel normal!

I totally need to go in here for brunch again soon! I'm getting hungry....

As usual catch us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment