Tuesday 27 May 2014

Baked Avocado & Egg



Baked avocado and egg... Sounds a bit weird right?!


Originally someone was talking about their childhood "egg in a hole," to me, which I'd never heard of. They kept describing it to me and I kept saying I'd never tried it, to their dismay. Basically you cut a cup sized hole out of bread, fry it, crack an egg inside and fry it in there. Voila, egg and bread combined. 


I had a little search and tried this avocado and egg as an alternative. This is a naturally gluten free recipe until you add the bread at the end. 

So, grab an avocado, half it and take out the stone. 
Beat an egg and add salt and pepper. 
Grab some sort of tray that will let the avocado stand up and stop rolling. I used a muffin tray and sunk the avocado halves into the holes. 
Pour the beat egg into the holes where the stone once lived. If you need to scoop out a little more avocado, do it. 
Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 


Grab some gluten free bread, scoop it all out, and have a lovely little meal!

Let us know what you think on TwitterFacebook, or Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment