Tuesday 21 January 2014

FAAT BAAT


I saw an early bird menu floating around Facebook and Twitter for a restaurant called FAAT BAAT and went to check it out just before Christmas.


PLEASE NOTE THIS RESTAURANT CLOSED IN 2014. SORRY GUYS!


It's located right next to 37 Dawson Street, downstairs, under the hotel. The atmosphere is almost cave-like with funky furniture and light fittings. It sounds like an odd description but I actually quite liked it!


We got there just as they opened so we were the only customers for a little, but as we were eating it started to fill up with parties!


We ordered a glass of wine and started to peruse the menu. What a funky glass!


So, all the main courses on the early bird menu are gluten free. Yes, all of them. It was great to see. I did ask the waiter if anything marked with a C needed to be adapted, just to make sure, and he double checked for me. The answer was no, everything marked is coeliac friendly. The astrex indicators are to show how hot everything is.



Now for the important bit: the food! I was really happy with my meal, and completely stuffed!

Staters: I had ribs and my other half had chicken satay. The only minor issue I had was with my ribs to start. They were a little on the tough side for me but I was coveting my other half's Chicken satay, which was just so very tender it melted off the stick!

For mains we both had curry. Delish! We ordered Chicken Geang Kiew Whan (left) and Chili Beef (right).


We had an after dinner cocktail. I'm a serious fan of ginger so when I spotted the ginger mojito I was completely sold! It didn't disappoint: I even managed to suck up a bit of ginger through the straw! Hmmm spicy!

Let me know how you get on in FAAT BAAT on Twitter or Facebook, or leave a comment below!

PLEASE NOTE THIS RESTAURANT CLOSED IN 2014. SORRY GUYS!


No comments:

Post a Comment